Welcome To Rotary - A New Member Information Guide
Welcome to Rotary!
Downtown Rotary is proud to welcome you to our global community of more than 1.2 million men and women dedicated to building a better world. As a member of Downtown Rotary of Sioux Falls, you can now consider yourself among a club of the top 15 largest clubs in the world!
You make Rotary stronger. By adding your skills, experience, and enthusiasm to your club, you can advance communities at home and on a global scale. Together, we can make a tremendous impact on our local community and the world.
Through the Rotary community, you can exchange ideas and build lifelong friendships with people who share your passion for service. Take advantage of the resources and activities available through our club, district 5610, and Rotary International to make your experience with Rotary both rewarding and fun.
How do I start?
Get the most out of your membership by participating in club projects and activities.
Here are some ideas:
- Attend our weekly meetings each Monday
- Serve on a club committee where you can use your skills
- Identify a need in our community and suggest a hands-on project to address it
- Work with a youth service program sponsored by your club, such as the soon to be launched Rotaract Club at Augustana University
- Host a Youth Exchange student
- Recommend a colleague or friend for membership in your club
How can I meet other Rotarians?
Rotary’s global network provides a great opportunity to expand your contacts and friendships to other countries while creating a foundation of support with communities around the world.
Explore Rotary’s global opportunities:
- Attend Rotary International annual convention
- Connect with Rotarians around the world who share your hobbies and personal interests or your service interests
- Join a Discussion Group to exchange ideas on topics you're interested in
- Get involved with our club’s Rotary International service projects
Resources & reference